Breakfast: Peach, ginger and blueberry overnight oats
- 200g whole rolled oats
- 200g low-fat natural yogurt
- 170ml hazelnut (or almond) milk
- 1 ball stem ginger from a 350g jar, finely chopped, plus 1½ tbsp syrup
- 410g tin sliced peaches in light syrup, drained and roughly chopped
- 150g pack blueberries (halve some of them, if you like)
- 4 tsp roasted chopped hazelnuts
- In a bowl, mix the oats, yogurt, milk, stem ginger and syrup until well combined. Divide the mixture between 4 bowls (or sealable jars if taking to work), then top with the peaches and blueberries. Cover and chill in the fridge overnight
- The next day, remove from the fridge and scatter 1 tsp hazelnuts over each to serve. The oats will keep in the fridge, without the fruit and nuts, for up to three days.
For a chocolate version, swap the ginger for ½ tbsp cocoa powder. Substitute the hazelnuts with 1 square of dark chocolate, finely grated over the top, to serve.
- Use whole rolled oats as they have a lovely creamy texture; instant or flaked oats are smaller and will break down too much.