Morning Zinger Smoothie
- 150g (5oz) honeydew or galia melon, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 300g (10oz) pineapple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 4cm piece (2in) ginger, roughly chopped
- 30g (1 1/4oz) spinach
- Put all the ingredients in a blender with 300ml (1/2pt) iced water. Whizz for 1 minute, or until completely smooth.
- To serve, divide between four tall glasses.
- 2.5cm (1in) piece root ginger, peeled and finely choppedd
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 beetroot, ends trimmed, peeled and chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- Put the ginger, carrots, beetroot and apple through a juicer, then add a squeeze of lime and orange juice to taste. Will serve 1-2 people.
- To make a smoothie, put the ginger, carrots, beetroot and apple into a food processor along with 400ml (14fl oz) water and whiz together until really smooth. Then stir through the lime juice and orange juice to taste and pour into serving glasses.