Lunch: Pesto salad pots
Serves 4 / 40 mins / 266 calories / serving
- 2 red onions, halved and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 180g pot honey-roasted vegetables
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp vegetarian fresh green pesto
- 250g baby tomatoes, halved
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 180g spicy sweetfire baby beetroot, sliced
- 160g lighter Greek salad cheese
- 60g root vegetable crisps, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Toss the red onion with 1 tbsp olive oil and spread out on a baking tray in a single layer. Season well and roast for 30-35 mins, until soft and browned.
- On a separate baking tray, spread out the honey-roasted vegetables and roast for 5-10 mins, until sizzling. Cool.
- Stir the lemon juice, remaining olive oil and 1 tbsp water into the pesto, then divide between 4 large jars or pots.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the jars in distinct layers, starting with the tomatoes, followed by the honey-roasted veg, baby spinach leaves, beetroot, roasted red onions, and crumbled salad cheese. Cover with lids or foil to transport.
- When ready to eat, tip into a bowl and mix well.
- Top with the crisps, if using.