Dinner: Bang bang chicken
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2·5cm (1in) piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 2tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2tbsp runny honey
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- pinch chilli flakes
- ½ lime, juiced
- 350g (12oz) roast chicken, shredded
- ½ cucumber, ribboned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 200g (7oz) cooked rice noodles
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Pour the chicken stock into a saucepan, add the ginger and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes so that the ginger infuses the stock.
- Put the peanut butter, honey, sesame oil and chilli flakes in a mini processor or a screw-topped jar with the chicken stock, and process or shake well to mix together. Add the lime juice to taste.
- Put the chicken, cucumber, carrot, spring onions and rice noodles into a large bowl and add the dressing. Toss gently. Serve sprinkled with a few fresh coriander leaves.