Falafel & Quinoa Salad
- 2 large corn on the cob
- 264g pack frozen tesco sweet potato falafel
- 200g quinoa
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 60g wild rocket
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 200g tzatziki (recipe included)
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Wrap the corn in foil and put the falafel in a large roasting tin. Bake both in the oven for 18 mins, turning the falafel halfway through, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, toast the quinoa in a frying pan over a medium heat, stirring frequently for 2-3 mins, until golden. Add the stock, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5 mins before stirring in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Allow the baked cobs to cool slightly before removing the foil and slicing off the kernels.
- Mix the red cabbage, carrot, corn, rocket and quinoa together. Divide the mixture between 4 bowls, then top with the falafels, avocado, and a generous dollop of tzatziki.
- ½ cucumber, peeled, halved and deseeded
- 200g Tesco Finest 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, to taste
- drizzle of olive oil, to serve
- Grate the cucumber, wrap in a tea towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Combine in a bowl with the yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Drizzle with oil to serve.