Charity of the Week – Fighting Blindness
Imagine a world where you cannot see your family’s faces or your children’s smiles. Imagine everyday tasks such as making a cup of tea or the school run, but without your full sight. Sadly for so many people across Ireland that is the reality..
Fighting Blindness relies on the support of the community to help pave the way to cures and treatments for blindness through investment in vital vision research, as well as providing on-going care through free counselling services for families and peer to peer support groups with a branch of the technology group – The Exchange Club – set up in Cork recently.
Did you know?
• There are an estimated 23,964 people living with severe vision impairment in Cork, and 1,470 living with blindness.
• 75 – 80% of blindness is preventable.
• Fighting Blindness works with rare, genetic, and age-related conditions.
• Fighting Blindness is a patient-led organisation, set up by people affected by sight loss, as a support group in 1983.
• Thanks the support of the community and companies, Fighting Blindness has invested €15 million in over 70 research projects in Ireland.
• For more information on the Cork Exchange Club contact John or Ann at 01 674 6496 or email@example.com
If you would like any further information or if you would like to make Fighting Blindness your chosen charity please contact 01-6789004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be featured as our Charity of the Week please fill out our Charity Profile Form here and submit your details.